Recipe: Chocolatey Dream Smoothie
I bet I drew you in with that headline didn't I? Or maybe I'm just assuming everyone else is like me in that their ears perk up when they hear the word chocolate. I'm actually going through a phase at the moment where I'm obsessed with chocolate. I've literally had it every day through out the month of January... And I'm starting to see it accumulate on my bottom, so that's a bit of a worry! Ah well. Apparently when you crave chocolate, your body is actually craving magnesium, so I'm going to try my darndest to go for the magnesium jar instead of the Whittakers block from now on... Unsure how successful I'll be.
For those of you that read my last post, I'll give you a quick update on the blue cheese scenario as I know you're all DYING to know how that's going. I've had it a couple of times with quince or honey on a cracker, and I gotta tell ya - it wasn't terrible. I think I just have to get past the mould, as that does go against everything in my mind to eat something mouldy.
Back to the smoothie. This smoothie is so super simple, and REALLY delicious, I have it most days! Especially now that I am a lady of leisure (in the interim, until I get my business set up) so I have time to put a bit of effort in to preparing breakfast in the morning rather than running out of the door with a banana in hand. It works as a base too, so you can add to it with other ingredients if you like - maple syrup or honey if you prefer it sweeter, oats, nuts, whatever you want. I also wing it when it comes to quantities. I've added approximate measurements below, but it doesn't really matter.
- 1 x banana
- 1 x tablespoon peanut butter
- a handful of spinach
- cacao powder (approx. 1/4 cup?) depending on how chocolatey you want it
- CleanPaleo protein powder (this may look like a shameless promotion of my boyfriends company, which it kind of is, but also it is the best protein powder for anyone that wants a protein that's natural and kind to your tummy). I've used vanilla here, but chocolate would work a treat! Approx. 1/4 cup.
- Little Island coconut milk (you can use any milk you like here, almond, cow, breast)
- 2 x eggs (these aren't shown as I forgot to put them in the picture then couldn't be bothered doing the whole flat lay thing all over again)
1. Add ice to the blender, then banana, spinach, cacao powder, CleanPaleo protein powder, peanut butter, 2 x eggs and top with the milk of your choice
2. Blend that bad boy up.
3. Drink it all as fast as you can because it's so delicious.